There are so many advantages if you are considering purchasing a condo unit. As you may know, a condo is a form of real estate property, but it is part of a building. Although the unit is part of a building, you have the right to own that unit and can do anything with it as long as you are not violating the rights of the other occupants. You are also subject to owning a deed of absolute ownership over the unit once you have fully paid for it.
Let us list more of the advantage of purchasing a condo to easily assess if it is the right home for you.
1. Location. Most condo buildings are located in the heart of the city. So you do not need to drive long distance just to go shopping, or eat at a fancy restaurant. You will be at the center of the cosmopolitan near all the important and popular establishments and buildings. Transportation and business establishments will not also be a burden since you will have an easy access to them. You can also choose a condo unit near your work place so you do not have to wrestle with everyday traffic and time constraints that could also lead to stress.
2. Lifestyle. If you are one of those single people who just do not want to be minded by gardening or just taking care of a whole house, then owning a condo is the right home for you. You will just have a small deck area as part of your condo to take care and that is it. The rest of the landscaped area which is the common area has people working on them to have them maintained.
3. Amenities. You can rightfully enjoy available amenities and common facilities in most condo buildings. They usually provide swimming pools, tennis courts, basketball courts, lobbies, gyms, and elevators. Another benefit to this is that it is subject to the management's rules and regulations so using such facilities are only given to the owners of the condo unit. And unlike living in apartment communities where residents do not have sense of ownership over their amenities, they often abused their amenities available to them. However, condo owners are more responsible since they usually have a membership fee every month for the maintenance of their amenities and common area.
4. Secured environment. Another great advantage in living in condo unit is safe environment they offer 24/7. You can even have a long vacation and not worrying if your house is still safe. Most condo buildings offer a state-of-the-art security devices and security services that will allow you to sleep well at night. In addition, residential owners need to follow certain regulations and restrictions to maintain the quality standard of living especially in common places within the building.
5. Maintenance. Unlike living in a residential area where all the responsibilities and expenses fall into your burden, living in a condo building will let you share all the responsibilities and maintenance with the other homeowners. As part of living there, you will need to pay for monthly membership fees that can range from $ 150.00 a month up to $ 600.00 a month. This will depend on where you live, most of the time though the median fee for Homeowners association fees goes around $ 200.00. This payment will ensure the sanitation and beautification of the whole property.